B-Sides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

B-Sides

Post  Peter on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 am

Why have B-Sides from Ben's albums never really shown up before? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is probably Not Fire Not Ice. Have there been any others? I wonder if we will ever see any releases from the archives in the future. Here's hoping.
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: B-Sides

Post  aski on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:04 am

Peter wrote:Why have B-Sides from Ben's albums never really shown up before? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is probably Not Fire Not Ice. Have there been any others? I wonder if we will ever see any releases from the archives in the future. Here's hoping.

Wicked Man from Ground on Down single was rearranged and included on the album 'There Will Be A Light'
aski

View user profile http://db.etree.org/imnothingman

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:54 am

Not sure if the song was even a B-side, but the 'Coming Up Easy'/'Karma To Burn'-song from R7 was not on the White Lies album, but appeared as 'Faster, Slower, Disappear, Come Around' on the Live in Montreal cd. I have a recording of the All Good Festival gig, where they played it. But I'm guessing it will not be on the upcoming album..

Here's another thought: would any of you guys be up for a Jimi Hendrix cover album by Ben Harper?
I love all of these covers, and would like to have them in a decent recording (some of my live recordings are pretty crappy..)! Wink
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:58 am

A whole album of different covers would be pretty cool. He really is the king of covers. But when I said B-Sides I was thinking more about those songs that may have been recorded for each album but never made the final cut. There has got to be a few? Songs that never saw the light of day. As I said, Not Fire Not Ice was one but I can't think of any others at the moment. The singles often had alternative versions but rarely exclusive new songs. Actually Spanish Red Wine would also be one too.
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:44 am

Peter wrote:A whole album of different covers would be pretty cool. He really is the king of covers. But when I said B-Sides I was thinking more about those songs that may have been recorded for each album but never made the final cut. There has got to be a few? Songs that never saw the light of day. As I said, Not Fire Not Ice was one but I can't think of any others at the moment. The singles often had alternative versions but rarely exclusive new songs. Actually Spanish Red Wine would also be one too.

100% agree!!!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top