Benefit show at The Mint in LA September 19th and my experience at Doheny Days show

Go down

Benefit show at The Mint in LA September 19th and my experience at Doheny Days show

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:39 am

Just got my ticket. It is a tiny, TINY venue in LA. It is for cancer relief fund benefit show for Babbette Ho who is wife of Jeff Ho. Can not wait!
Last weekend was incredible. The band was in top shape and Ben was in a great mood. It was 2004 when Doheny Days Festival took place for the last time. So, after 7 years, they brought it back and Ben just took it to another level. It was a great night. Full moon, very enthusiastic audience, his family and friends from skateboarders to surfers to his SoCal buddies. Just very very cool vibe. I was rail and he actually recognized me and said they were following ME around Very Happy I gotta admit that was really cool. Then after couple of songs, this tiny little ring-like piece flew from Jordan's drum kit and landed right in front of him. He picked it up and started walking up to me. I didn't understand what was going on, he was saying something to me but I couldn't hear because crowd was extremely loud. Then finally he took my left pinky and slipped "the drum kit ring". I do not have words to describe the joy Smile After that they went into Diamonds On The Inside....I was just elated, I can tell you that much. As if that wasn't enough, after the show, my friend and I wanted to thank them for a great show. So we waited for them. After about 20 minutes, he and Jason drove by us. Ben saw me and had the driver stop the car. They got out and chatted with us about 10 minutes which was awesome. They both were really really nice. This was my first time that I had a chance to chat with Jason. What a sweet person. I told him I love his guitar playing and that he contributes so much to R7 sound.
I found out that they are already working on the new album and Ben is also working with his FoM buddies Very Happy
The setlist for Doheny Days consisted of mainly Give Till It's Gone songs. I got a setlist and saw that they had Under Pressure in there as well as Up To You Now. They didn't play those. No Quarter was INCREDIBLE. The new guy is really good on the keys. I like him a lot.

I am watching IC Toronto 2007 show right now and it is Morning Yearning right now. It is making me want to cry...
Can't wait for next week!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Benefit show at The Mint in LA September 19th and my experience at Doheny Days show

Post  Alien Amigo on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Sounds like a fantastic night. Thanks for sharing your musical, and personal moments, with Ben Harper, the band, the music....! Keep 'em coming.
Alien Amigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Benefit show at The Mint in LA September 19th and my experience at Doheny Days show

Post  Calcie on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 am

Hey SOLAT, I'm going to the show tomorrow night. Can't wait also! I'm planning on heading to The Mint late afternoon, maybe try and grab some food and a beer before. My name is Calum, will be wearing a white Billabong t-shirt. Hopefully bump into you at the show, be good to say hi to another fan from here!
Calcie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Calum! Would love to say hi! I am thinking about going there late afternoon as well since that venue is tiny and I wanna make sure I'm up front Smile I will pm you my cell phone if you wanna meet up Very Happy
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  levyhit on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Good meeting you both at the Mint...calium thanks for the after show beer
levyhit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:29 am

It was really cool meeting you both and rocking out together! I couldn't believe how fucking tiny that venue was and how we were all in his face basically. I felt like we were invading his personal space! LOL! Laughing
Oh, how much I would have loved to do the Brasil tour!!!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 am

Faded from The Mint gig:

SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down