Anger with benharper.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anger with benharper.com

Post  Peter on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:11 am

I just effing hate what they have done to benharper.com. I was taking another look around today, firstly the community section is just terrible apart from kevin's updates. Its just a terrible idea and a horribly designed solution to a social network. It just sucks! And it looks like they've finally realized that because it has been removed from the links up the top of the main page (although it's still accessible through www.benharper.com/community )

The store is also pretty terrible. Although really, my main gripe with it is the ridiculously high shipping prices to Australia that just get EXPONENTIALLY more expensive for each item you add. I was looking at a few of the newer shits on offer and would really love to purchase a couple but I just can't justify paying that much for shipping.

It does look like they are readying some improvements though, perhaps with the new album a website upgrade is in the works. I just hope it really is an improvement this time.

But anyway... its not a big deal. Just felt like complaining Smile
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anger with benharper.com

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:23 pm

I sympathize with your frustration, Peter.

I almost forget what the good old days were like, when benharper.com had it's own forum, and there were so many of us, and I literally checked the site everyday for news, opinions, rumors, trading etc.

I think you should write to Gavin (if he's still the webmaster... I never go to the "community" anymore) and let him know how you feel.

But check this out... I just did a Google search for "ben harper forum" and we came up as the 5th result!!! That's pretty amazing!!! When we first got started we didn't even make the list, but obviously the site is getting enough traffic for search engines to recognize that it's a top result.

Maybe the suits at benharper.com will take notice and bring back an official board.

MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:56 pm

I sympathize as well. I miss the forum most of all, but in my opinion the entire format of the website was better. I really dislike how the new tour archive is set up. I wish they would list an entire year on one page (as I believe it was on the old site). Although, it would probably take forever for the page to load as the new site seems more advanced.

MOJO, I'm not entirely certain, but I think we were coming up as the #1 result at one time.
Diamonds

View user profile http://www.phishhook.com/lists/God_Fearing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel37 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 am

the lack of a community really is disappointing. I wonder if there was a reason they did away with it. I mean they still have the supposed one but it doesn't even make any sense. I will say the one thing I like and i'm not sure how new this is to the site but when you click listen it launches a stand alone player so you can listen to any of the albums and make a playlist and everything on there. I think it used to open at the top of the page and just made the site more junky to read the other stuff. I just wish they would put some other live stuff in the player like they used to at the top of benharper.net. They had some really good live versions in that player.

daniel37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:31 am

Defiantly agree about the player, and actually I have a pretty nice collection of the songs from that player if people want it? Could upload it for everyone here Smile
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:09 am

Peter wrote:Defiantly agree about the player, and actually I have a pretty nice collection of the songs from that player if people want it? Could upload it for everyone here Smile
Yes please! Smile
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47 am

Sticking them in another thread sneakily called 'Goodies'
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 am

I really like our forum here. I hope people start using it more frequently. I do agree that the website could be better. I think the way they have been announcing the tour dates was kind of inefficient too.
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:30 am

Nadine wrote:
Peter wrote:Defiantly agree about the player, and actually I have a pretty nice collection of the songs from that player if people want it? Could upload it for everyone here Smile
Yes please! Smile
Awesome! Thank you!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:52 am

SOLAT319 wrote:I really like our forum here. I hope people start using it more frequently.

I just put up a "blog post" on the benharper.com community about our new project of revisiting Ben's albums chronologically. I think it's a great thread, and I bet there are a lot of Ben Harper fans out there that would really enjoy being part of it. Imagine if there was like 30 or more personal breakdowns/reviews!!! So cool.

Publicity is what we need! If all of the active members of this forum can spread the word in any way they can (especially to places/websites with big Ben fans) I'm sure we can reach 100 members pretty quickly.
MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:58 am

I'm spreading it around a little but unfortunately I don't really know a lot of fans in person Razz I would think a bunch of the pearl jam fans may be interested? Not really sure.
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum