5. Clearly Severely
6. Spilling Faith
7. Get There From Here
8. Pray That Our Love Sees The Dawn
9. Waiting On A Sign
10. Dirty Little Lover
11. Do It For You, Do It For Us

first solo album since Both Sides of The Gun

its been to long, can't wait to hear I Will Not Be Broken, Rock N Roll is Free to be the first single

daniel37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Give Til It's Gone May 17th

Post  MCTolen on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

I totally can't wait, but I gotta wonder...what's up with R7?? I know he's played some of these songs with R7 and I always got the impression they were in the studio working together. So why no R7 billing? Also, I'm catching Ben at Wakarussa which is currently billed as being with R7. However, there's now shows booked in KC and Denver as just "Ben Harper." What gives?!

MCTolen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calcie on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Really excited for the new album. I can't wait to hear Feel Love and I Will Not Be Broken. I didn't think it would be billed as a Ben Harper solo album. I thought R7 were involved in things. Maybe they are just going to be his touring band, kind of like the Innocent Criminals were in 2006 when Both Sides of the Gun was released as just a Ben Harper album. Or maybe it is purely for selling albums, because I know a lot of people havn't really got the R7 vibe, the album will maybe do better with his name alone.

Also I just noticed that Justin Pate is in the band on the official website. http://www.benharper.com/#/tour/2011-07-16-festival-musilac-esplanade-du-lac
It says he played keyboard with R7 when they played with Ringo Starr, I guess he is going to be touring with them, spice it up a little with an extra instrument?
Calcie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I was SOOOO excited when I got the email from benharper.com today.... then I was a little disappointed when I saw that the album was being billed as BEN HARPER. Make no mistake, this is a Ben Harper & Relentless7 album. My guess would be that its one of two things;

a) As already mentioned, the record label might have felt that the album would sell better if it's only billed as Ben Harper.

b) Record label contracts usually stipulate a certain number of records by a certain date. For example, Ben's current deal with Virgin could state that he has to release 4 "Ben Harper" albums from 2000-2012 (I'm totally making up the terms). So, for that reason, this had to be a "Ben Harper" album. This has happened to Ben in the past.

Either way, the musicians on the album ARE Jason, Jesse, and Jordan, and they will be touring for the album as well.

I am EXTREMELY excited for this album. I've heard a few of the tunes live, and they all killed, and as I mentioned before, Jason mentioned that "Don't Give Up on Me Now" is a standout, and I'm very excited to hear the songs co-written with Ringo, especially the psychedelic one!

Also, the artwork looks great!!! They used a different image in the email I received than on the website. The website one looks like it will be the album cover, and I dig it!

Much peace!
MOJO

MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel37 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:44 pm

I found this video of I Will Not Be Broken while wandering around on youtube. It's from one of the February tour dates, very good sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gybtYvjQ9A&feature=related

daniel37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 am

That is a great video! And it's a perfect example as to why this is perhaps my favourite R7 song to date. It features everything I love about Ben in one song: mellow-ish opening, protest-ish lyrics, intensity increase, awesome slide work, a killer jam, and a ton of emotion.

Love it.
MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calcie on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 am

Yeah I love that video! I agree Mojo, I think it is the best song R7 has released. Perfect Ben!
Calcie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top