heya!! ANYONE HOME?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

heya!! ANYONE HOME?

Post  SOLAT319 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:06 am

Anyone home?? You guys are all so quiet Smile
No R7 album news? Touring? yes we know about the festival appearances. I'm talking full-on tour Very Happy

If I may say so myself:

WAITING DROVE ME MAD!! Smile
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: heya!! ANYONE HOME?

Post  Peter on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:40 am

There's just nothing going on! Where's all the new album news?? Should be almost pre-order time!
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ronniechristian1999 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 pm

I check everyday on BH.net for any update from Kevin. Soo far nothing. Has anyone heard the Cover of Devil Inside with Ben and Nikka Costa? If soo where can I hear it?

Thanks

RC

ronniechristian1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 pm

ronniechristian1999 wrote:I check everyday on BH.net for any update from Kevin. Soo far nothing. Has anyone heard the Cover of Devil Inside with Ben and Nikka Costa? If soo where can I hear it?

Thanks

RC

I haven't but would love to!!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Yea i've been looking long and hard for that song, can't find even a 30 second clip! It's no where to be heard.
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:19 am

Hey guys...

Sorry I've been so quiet... as I said a while back, I'm traveling so it's not always easy to have lots of time online.

But I did speak to Jesse last week and he told me that the album isn't coming out until May, and they're working on the schedule for the full summer tour right now so he couldn't say anything about that. I got the hint that festivals would be a big part of it.

Thats all I got for now!

Keep on rockin' in the free world!
MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:15 pm

MOJO you rock! thanks so much for the info Very Happy

So not until May huh? Wow...I wonder what is keeping them from going ahead. And Roo line-up was announced today. I was so much hoping to see Ben in some shape or form but no dice Sad

I can't wait to hear the tour announcement and the new album release!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 am

Basically, he said it was the record labels decision and they have no control. The record company is trying to build hype and anticipation... but I think they're fucking up by letting a completed record sit on the shelf.
MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 am

I completely agree with you on that!
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Management/ Labels dropping the ball- as usual

Post  ChrisCornell on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Wow, many changes since the old days with Innocent Criminals. Shame.

Management And the Record Labels are killing the artists.

Alter Bridge's label releases AB III two months ahead in Europe then in the States.
Chris Cornell's Scream was delayed three times for a full year!

What's with these guys. Its tough enough for any alternative/ jam band/ singer- songwriter to compete these days with the shit that wins Grammy's- hip hop, pop and L Gaga. I've been a fan of Ben's since the early days of the Innocent Criminals. I saw him open for Dave Matthews in high school and watched him in Albany in the front row for $10.

I was on the message board every night checking for new info which was ALWAYS there. Now, the official site doesn't even have an official message board. And we have a completed album which is delayed? What hype are they building? I haven't seen any promo at all. Lame, lame, lame. Its tough to watch some of my favorite artists getting shafted by poor management/ record labels.
ChrisCornell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

MOJO the Moderator wrote:Hey guys...

Sorry I've been so quiet... as I said a while back, I'm traveling so it's not always easy to have lots of time online.

But I did speak to Jesse last week and he told me that the album isn't coming out until May, and they're working on the schedule for the full summer tour right now so he couldn't say anything about that. I got the hint that festivals would be a big part of it.

Thats all I got for now!

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

Thanks for the update MOJO! From the little bit of previews I've heard, I really think this new album is gonna blow WLFDT out of the water. And....I've got my fingers crossed for Lolla this year...
Diamonds

View user profile http://www.phishhook.com/lists/God_Fearing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 am

They make it to Lolla, that will be my CAUSE to get my ass planted right up on that rail Very Happy
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 am

We were dead center on the rail in '09.....it was great except we had to be there for Santigold who played the stage before R7.....we were surrounded by teeny boppers and we stuck out like a sore thumb. But it was well worth it. Cool
Diamonds

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Rail is my last name. I went to Europe last Summer for Pearl Jam (Where a certain band you all may like opened Very Happy) Each and every gig I was attending, I was rocking the rail.

The thing about me and the rail is, if the gig I'm attending is GA, I don't do second row Twisted Evil
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Well SOLAT, doesn't look like Ben will be at Lolla this year. It could be a blessing in disguise as it's possible that the PJ20 event is going to be around the same time.
Diamonds

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Correct. I was actually thinking about the same thing. From what I hear, Alpine Valley is a strong candidate for Pearl Jam 20th anniv shindig. It is likely to happen first weekend of September. Then there is also the talk of a Canadian tour. Very interesting Summer is what's ahead of us.

So what are everyone's thOughts about the album coming out as a "solo" album? Frankly, I am a bit disappointed even though I'll take any kind of Ben as it comes Smile
So far out of the dates announced, none of them are dates I can do. I hope more get announced soon.
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top