Summer tour dates -rumors and real ones-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer tour dates -rumors and real ones-

Post  SOLAT319 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 am

So it begins....
The first couple were down under and NZ (Byron Bay and Grassroots) and now:
http://wakarusa.com/2011/lineup.asp?a=699&y=2011

Roo is a strong rumor. I hope it comes true.

Post here when you guys hear something Very Happy
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer tour dates -rumors and real ones-

Post  MOJO the Moderator on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 pm

The rumors for the 10th anniversary of Bonnaroo are insane! Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Paul McCartney.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm going to do everything in my power to get there!

MOJO the Moderator
Admin

View user profile http://bhra.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 pm

MOJO the Moderator wrote:The rumors for the 10th anniversary of Bonnaroo are insane! Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Paul McCartney.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm going to do everything in my power to get there!

If our guy is there in any shape or form whether it might be R7, IC, FoM, or any other combination he wishes, I'll try my best to be there as well Very Happy
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm

There is a listing on Ticketmaster for a Ben Harper show, it does not mention R7:

2011-06-06 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO
Presale Friday 2/25 at 10:00am....

Additionaly I saw on another site an R7 show on 2011-06-07 at the Ogden Theatre in Denver as well.

Diamonds

View user profile http://www.phishhook.com/lists/God_Fearing_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel37 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:05 am

benharper.com was down earlier so i was hoping for good news...tour dates are starting to pop up, the denver and kansas city shows are on there along with some european, the US ones have a new colored target beside them so i'm guessing maybe thats the new relentless7 thing, just waiting for more tour dates and hopefully an announcement of Give Til It's Gone release, theres also presale info on the site for the announced shows

daniel37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 am

I think Ben is gonna tour solo! It's not the R7 logo next to the new dates, but his own.. And since there's been the news of a solo album.. 1+1=.. Smile
Can't wait till the Dutch date is gonna be announced, he won't skip us this year hopefully! Smile
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 am

woa woa woa woa.... news of a solo album?!?!?!
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not sure that it's entirely a solo album. The article says it will be his first solo album since "Both Sides of the Gun", which was labeled as a Ben Harper album, not a BHIC album. I'm thinking it will be something similar to this. A full-band album, just labeled as a Ben Harper album.

However, I do hope I am wrong as I would love for Ben to make a solo/acoustic album.
Diamonds

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 am

Well see that's interesting.. it began as a R7 album, and then there was a delay, and now its being sold as a solo album? Sounds like the record company is trying to figure out the best way to market the album or something. Something smells a little fishy anyways.
Peter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamonds on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeah, it does seem strange. I was expecting an R7 album as well. But, who knows what Ben is/has been planning. He's been doing a lot of different things and has been playing with a lot of different people lately. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Diamonds

Back to top Go down

Post  MCTolen on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah, what's up with R7?! I just put a similar post on another thread, but I'm totally scratching my head! I know some of these songs he played live with R7 and I always understood they were all in the studio together, so why no R7 billing?? I'm catching him at Wakarusa, which is currently billed as an R7 show, but then dates right after that for KC and Denver are only "Ben Harper." That also got me thinking those could be solo acoustic shows - which would be a dream for me, or a nightmare because I don't think there's anyway I could go! However, I really doubt it will be solo acoustic shows given how close the dates are and the crew you would need.

So what does this say about the album? It's kind of bittersweet because I really grew to love the whole R7 band and sound. Honest to God, White Lies and Live in Montreal have still never left my car and are still in regular rotation. Yet, with it just being a Ben Harper album, I know all bets are off. We'll certainly gets some rockin' R7 Blues songs, but who knows, maybe we'll hear a more eclectic variety, i.e. some reggae, acoustic stuff or who knows...I do have to agree, I think it's very likely this is a record company decision. Maybe they thought buyers are confused by the whole R7 inclusion. Whatever, I'm confused now! Obviously I'm going to buy it and we all know that Ben's always the overall creative force. Still, I care about the guys in R7 just like the IC's. No offense to Ben (always love ya) but what gives? When Lifeline with the IC's came out Ben talked about how he wanted to do alot more albums like that with the IC's. Then BAM! He's suddenly with R7 and talking about how all his focus is on R7 and he see's doing that for a long time. Then comes Fistful of Mercy (I know, just a one-off), but now suddenly no R7! I love never knowing what Ben's going to next, but geesh....still can't help but ask, what gives?!!

MCTolen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top