FoM European Tour

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FoM European Tour

Post  Nadine on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Tomorrow is the start of the European tour of FoM, I'll be at the Amsterdam show, are any of you catching a gig in the next two weeks?

I noticed that the setlists are pretty much the same each gig, but perhaps they have a different one exclusively for Europe Wink

From what I've read here about the American tour, I can't wait!
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FoM European Tour

Post  Nadine on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 am

I was just checking out the BH website, and saw that the two German shows are cancelled...
This is the reason stated on the german ticket-website:

"Personal commitments are forcing Fistful Of Mercy to shorten their european tour and to go home. The band would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience to their fans that these cancellations have caused. For now there are no alternative dates planned. Tickets can be returned on tickets.de"

How sad for the German fans! I can however tell them that the Amsterdam show has not sold out (yet)..
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 am

This James Vincent McMorrow that I posted about earlier, will be their opening act for the entire European tour! I'll make sure to be at the show early Smile
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah, I knew about James being the opening act. I am very active on FB and forget to post things here at the same time sometimes. I posted this on there a while ago.
Well, too bad for German fans. I can't believe they couldn't sell out those two German shows. Those people don't know what they're missing.
I talked to a few of my friends who went to London show and they confirmed that it is the exact same setlist as the US one. Hopefully you'll get something different though Very Happy
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amsterdam

Post  Nadine on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am

Wow!

That pretty much sums up the amazing show FoM gave last night! It was a memorable night and thus à memorable birthday for me! I absolutely LOVED the way Ben Harper 'roughed up' some of the songs with his slideguitar! He seemed to really enjoy himself! These guys have an amazing vibe around them, seemingly caused by their friendship..

I hope I got some decent pictures, if i do i'll try to post em if you guys would like to see them Smile
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 am

Nadine wrote:Wow!

That pretty much sums up the amazing show FoM gave last night! It was a memorable night and thus à memorable birthday for me! I absolutely LOVED the way Ben Harper 'roughed up' some of the songs with his slideguitar! He seemed to really enjoy himself! These guys have an amazing vibe around them, seemingly caused by their friendship..

I hope I got some decent pictures, if i do i'll try to post em if you guys would like to see them Smile
oh yay! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Aren't they just amazing? Which covers did they do? Buckets of Rain, Please Please me, John Doe, May God Always Be With You, Bring You My Love, Pale blue eyes, Scandalous?
Would love to see the pics! How was your seat?
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 pm

I stood in the front row, just 2m from Ben Harper Smile So I had a great spot!

The covers they did were Buckets of Rain, Please me like you want to, In the sun, Another John Doe, Pale Blue Eyes and Scandalous.

I'm not sure if this is their signature closing, but they played With Whom You Belong completely acoustic, without amplifyers.. Soooo beautiful and so memorable when the whole crowd started to sing along!! I found a clip on youtube (not mine, i was on the other side of the stage near Joe in the clip), check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbFT2fkDGmw
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:02 pm

The only difference is In The Sun. So glad you were up front. All 5 shows I saw I was front row Ben's side as well. I don't joke around when it comes to seating location at a gig where Ben's on stage. I do everything I possibly can to get that front row spot. LA venue was tiny. So I was right there in front of him. As far as the closing goes, yes that's exactly how they close the gigs. In fact there are two clips on YouTube that shows me and my girls singing almost louder than them and getting them to acknowledge us. It is really something so meaningful for me as it is the true sign for the fact that I did find friends with whom I belong.
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

I am the same way when it comes to seats, I have to get that front row spot! Smile Also because the people in the back seem to talk an awful lot during concerts (so annoying, Please stay home if you dont have the decency to shut up): the true music fans are united in the front - indeed the friends with whom I belong!
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SOLAT319 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:44 am

I've been known to get in bit of a fight with those talkers telling them to get the fuck out if they're going to talk. Laughing
SOLAT319

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nadine on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:13 pm

You're so right! I shushed some people tuesday that found it necessary to talk during Please me like you want to - idiots!
Smile
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Paradiso, Amsterdam - Pictures

Post  Nadine on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:09 pm

I posted my pictures on facebook, can't seem to post them here.. Anyway, I made the album for everyone to see, so I hope this works! Wink

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8254472&l=51c6c1e5f1&id=513805870
Nadine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top